Friday, June 22, 2012

Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
I know this is a St. Patty favorite, but I didn't get to make it this year and I couldn't wait until next year! Ingredients Needed
  • 1 Small bag of carrots
  • 3-4 Large red potatoes, quartered
  • 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 (4 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
  • 6 ounces beer
  • 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped 
 Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Do not use spice packet yet!
Pour the beer over the brisket (for some reason I couldn't get my picture to rotate). Yes, I know, I'm sorry you don't have a really good German beer to use like I do......;) Now you can sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on High. Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour. Enjoy!

No comments: